“The Daley administration is forging ahead with planning for a new western terminal at O’Hare Airport – though it doesn’t yet have the money to design or build it and is not sure exactly how it will be used,” the Sun-Times reports in “City Seeks Ideas For New O’Hare Terminal.”
“City Hall has issued a ‘request for qualifications’ that asks design firms to plan for a range of possibilities for the new terminal.”
Here are some of the early front-runners:
* Millennium Park West. Frank Gehry will team up with Helmut Jahn to create a tribute to urban planning.
* Obama’s Midwest White House. Tony Rezko will be asked to buy the rest of neighboring Bensenville to seal the deal.
* The International Olympic Committee Terminal. Serving only members of the International Olympic Committee.
* The Legacy Airlines Museum. Preserving United and American in amber for posterity.
* Clout Terminal. No gates for planes, just McDonald’s and Connie’s outlets.
* O’Harrah’s. Loosest slots in the Midwest.