“An audit of Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s Office of Management and Budget found that the state’s top fiscal office did not competitively bid some services and failed to maintain even the most basic records of major financial activities,” the Tribune reports.
Other audits of the Blagojevich administration have found:
* There’s not enough parking at the Department of Transportation.
* The Toll Highway Authority is out of change.
* The Department of Aging has laid off its oldest workers to save money.
* The State Police Merit Board is filled with patronage appointments.
* Something is going around in the Department of Public Health.