Ald. Brendan Reilly’s office sent out this e-mail last night about today’s meeting of the Chicago Plan Commission, which will take up the proposal to move the Children’s Museum to Grant Park. So bear in mind that “tomorrow” means “today”.
WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE CITY WILL BE CHANGING ALL OF THE PROCEDURES FOR TOMORROW’S PLAN COMMISSION HEARING.
The hearing is scheduled for Thursday, May 15th at 1:00 pm in City Council Chambers on the 2nd floor of City Hall. The doors will open at 12:30. If you would like a seat, of course, arrive ahead of time.
* You must sign in to testify. Signing in consists of filling out a short form supplied by the City at the hearing. THE CITY HAS DESIGNED NEW FORMS AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING THE OLD FORMS. You must be present to fill out the form AND speak.
* The City is limiting testimony to 3 minutes. They will be turning off the microphone if you go over.
* The City is also limiting access to Chambers. There will be Fire Marshals stationed outside of Chambers and will hold people out in the hall once they reach capacity. If you are waiting in the hall and it is your turn to testify, you will be escorted in to speak then out after your 3 minutes are up.
* You must make sure your sign-in sheet is in the hands of the City (the representative collecting them at the hearing) prior to the beginning of the presentation for the Children’s Museum. The Museum is now item #2 of 3.
* PLEASE CHECK THE “AGAINST THE PROPOSAL” BOX, IF YOU FAIL TO CHECK A BOX, STAFF MAY NOT ALLOW YOU TO TESTIFY.
* You must be present when your name is called to testify.
* Testimony can consist of a speech, a presentation (please bring a flashdrive or CD — there will be a laptop there) or questions posed to individuals who were part of CCM’s presentation to the Commission. The current limitation on such questions are from individuals who own property within the “affected area” (the 250′ radius of the project). Although if you happen to not live within that radius, it is worth a try to ask a question if you have one.